SRBC Held Business Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland
Approved 17 water project applications, adopted annual Water Resources Program and FY2017 budget
HARRISBURG, PA – The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) on Thursday, June 4, 2015, held its quarterly business meeting in Baltimore, Md. Among its actions, SRBC:
- elected new officers with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to serve as Chair and the State of Maryland to serve as Vice Chair beginning July 1;
- adopted its FY2016-2017 Water Resources Program;
- adopted its FY2016 Regulatory Program Fee Schedule:
- adopted its preliminary FY2017 budget;
- accepted a settlement offer for a compliance matter from Wyoming Valley Country Club for $15,000 for operating a well exceeding its approved groundwater withdrawal threshold;
- conditionally transferred Docket No. 20021014 to Augusta Water, Inc. and suspended the application requirement until water usage exceeds regulatory thresholds;
- denied Shrewsbury Borough Council’s request to waive the requirements of Section 806.4(a)(2)(ii) pertaining to the Borough’s two wells that pre-date SRBC regulations and directed Commission staff to consult with the Borough regarding possible alternatives
- tabled the Show Cause proceeding with Four Seasons Golf Course; and
- approved 17 applications and tabled 8 applications (see lists below).
SRBC’s voting commissioners and alternates were : Kenneth Lynch, SRBC Chair and Director, Region 7, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation; Kelly Heffner, SRBC Vice Chair and Deputy Secretary for Water Management, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection; Saeid Kasraei, Program Administrator, Water Supply Program, Maryland Department of the Environment; and Col. William Graham, Commander and Division Engineer, North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
SRBC staff also reported on delegated settlements with the following project sponsors, pursuant to SRBC Resolution 2014-15:
- Black Bear Waters LLC, in the amount of $5,600, to resolve an administrative violation;
- Pennsylvania General Energy Co., LLC, in the amount of $2,400, to resolve an administrative violation;
- Muncy Borough Municipal Authority, in the amount of $5,000, to resolve violations of operating wells without SRBC approval;
- Marshland Links, LLC/The Links at Hiawatha Landing, in the amount of $4,800, to resolve violation for exceeding its approved maximum daily water withdrawal from the Susquehanna River; and
- Inflection Energy (PA), LLC, in the amount of $1,000, to resolve violation for the use of water from an unapproved source.
- Chetremon Golf Course, LLC,(Consumptive Use), Burnside Township, Clearfield County, Pa.
- Chetremon Golf Course, LLC, (Irrigation Storage Pond), Burnside Township, Clearfield County, Pa.
- Chief Oil & Gas, LLC, (Loyalsock Creek), Forksville Borough, Sullivan County, Pa.
- Keister Miller Investments, LLC,(West Branch Susquehanna River), Mahaffey Borough, Clearfield County, Pa.
- Shrewsbury Borough, (Blouse Well), York County, Pa.
- Shrewsbury Borough, (Smith Well), York County, Pa.
- Talisman Energy USA, Inc., (Wappasening Creek), Windham Township, Bradford County, Pa.
- UGI Development Company, Hunlock Creek Energy Center, Hunlock Township, Luzerne County, Pa.
Applications Approved (includes new approvals, modifications, and renewals) (www.srbc.net/wrp/):
- Anadarko E&P Onshore, LLC, (Pine Creek), McHenry Township, Lycoming County, Pa.
- Carrizo (Marcellus), LLC,(Meshoppen Creek), Washington Township, Wyoming County, Pa.
- Carrizo (Marcellus), LLC, (Unnamed Tributary to Middle Branch Wyalusing Creek), Forest Lake Township, Susquehanna County, Pa.
- Constitution Pipeline Company, LLC, (Charlotte Creek), Town of Davenport, Delaware County, N.Y.
- Constitution Pipeline Company, LLC, (Ouleout Creek), Town of Sidney, Delaware County, N.Y.
- Constitution Pipeline Company, LLC, (Starrucca Creek), Harmony Township, Susquehanna County, Pa.
- Furman Foods, Inc., (Consumptive Use Modification), Point Township, Northumberland County, Pa.
- Furman Foods, Inc., (Well 10), Point Township, Northumberland County, Pa.
- Hydro Recovery, LP, (Well HR-1), Blossburg Borough, Tioga County, Pa.
- Hydro Recovery, LP,(Consumptive Use), Blossburg Borough, Tioga County, Pa.
- Keystone Clearwater Solutions, LLC, (Driftwood Branch Sinnemahoning Creek), Emporium Borough, Cameron County, Pa.
- Keystone Clearwater Solutions, LLC, (Lycoming Creek), Lewis Township, Lycoming County, Pa.
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania, (Consumptive Use), Millersville Borough, Lancaster County, Pa.
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania, (Well 1), Millersville Borough, Lancaster County, Pa.
- Nature's Way Purewater Systems, Inc., (Consumptive Use Modification), Dupont Borough, Luzerne County, Pa.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, (Stoltzfus Well), Leacock Township, Lancaster County, Pa.
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, (Township Well), Leacock Township, Lancaster County, Pa.
About the Susquehanna River Basin Commission
The Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-based SRBC is the governing agency established under a 100-year compact signed on Dec. 24, 1970, by the federal government and the states of New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland to protect and wisely manage the water resources of the Susquehanna River Basin. The Susquehanna River starts in Cooperstown, New York, and flows 444 miles to Havre de Grace, Maryland, where the river meets the Chesapeake Bay. For more information on SRBC, visit www.srbc.net or follow us on Twitter: @SRBCnews