There are no employment opportunities at this time.
Resumes are always accepted at email@example.com.
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) strives to attract and retain a qualified and competent work force to accomplish its mission – to enhance the public welfare within its jurisdiction through comprehensive planning, allocation and management of the water resources of the Susquehanna River Basin. The Commission’s compensation plan includes a combination of salary and comprehensive benefits that is competitive locally and within the region served by the Commission. Incentives are provided to reward excellent performance.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families; employees pay 15% of premiums regardless of coverage level
- Flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, health savings account and a health reimbursement account depending on healthcare coverage option selected
- Employer-provided life and long-term disability insurance
- Pension through the Pennsylvania State Employee Retirement System (SERS)
- Paid time off for sick and vacation which starts to accrue on day 1 of employment
- Flexible schedules after one year of satisfactory performance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Secure building and free parking
Our Hiring Process
The SRBC is a federal-interstate agency overseeing the conservation, development, and administration of the Susquehanna River Basin’s natural resources. As an interstate agency the SRBC operates independently, with oversight by Commissioners representing the State of New York, State of Maryland, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. From an employment perspective, this grants SRBC the ability to retain new employees in an expedited manner and with less bureaucracy than other government agencies. Here’s the typical timeline of our hiring process:
Day 1: Advertise the job opening Day 30: End period for accepting resumes Day 45: Conduct interviews with select candidates Day 50: Make an offer; conduct background check and drug screening Day 60: First day for new employee
Equal Opportunity Employer
The SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.